We try to make one of the most tricky parts of the sound post-production process – ADR – into a pleasure.
Our aim when recording ADR is to make it sound as natural as possible and we will go to great lengths to achieve that goal. The first stage is to chart out what is necessary, spotting in conjunction with the director and dialogue editor. For this we use Protools, Edicue, and custom software to generate lists and manage the cues in a database format.
Once the sessions have been booked, we can either record at our studio or can supervise the recording at another studio for client convenience, bringing everything we need.
During recording it’s all about the performance. We match mics, and use a boom operator where appropriate. We encourage movement, perspective and natural micing and can use actual radio mics during the session with realistic mounting.
At the end of the session we can either hand the files to you on a disk, or upload them either via FTP or a range of other means. If you can’t attend the session in person we can organise a skype relay for you. We also use source-connect to hook you up remotely, or, with advance warning, can organise an ISDN link to a remote studio.
Prices at a fraction of those in Soho. If you choose to record at our studio, we can offer:
- 1080p HD Video Projection
- Protools HD
- Video streamers (in a variety of formats)
- A wide choice of industry-standard microphones (including Sennheiser 416, MKH50, MKH60, Schoeps CMC641, CMIT-5U, Sanken Cos 11, Tram TR50 etc)
- Remote link up via ISDN (using all standard codecs via our MusicTaxi and Prisma interfaces)
- Remote link up via Source Connect